[Amps] warm up time for TX tubes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] warm up time for TX tubes
From: "John Flood" <k4dlx@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 14:15:10 -0400
New to this reflector.

Hope someone can help me understand tube warm up requirements.

Specifically, What are the necessary conditions for voltages at plate ,
screen and control grid during Warm up for indirectly heated tetrode tubes.

I have seen directions that say no plate voltage during warm up, but some
amps (MLA2500) apply plate voltage and limit cathode current to a few mA by
self-bias during warm up.

What I have in mind for my amp with gu74b  (4cx800) is to apply fil voltage
for 3 minutes while screen is at 0v, plate is full on and
G1 is biased to cutoff (approx. -75v).

Is my approach workable?

And

What are the necessary conditions condition for the tub during warm up?..

Thanks in advance for your help

John  K4dlx