Re: [Amps] Drake L4B Transformation

To: John Pierce <lumin9@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Drake L4B Transformation
From: Michael Holderfield <mholderfield56@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 12:54:32 -0500
I agree with your thoughts on this subject and thanks for some good info!

I currently have a transformation in progress. Using an AL-82 transformer
with a populated Far Circuits 4KV power supply PCB, a K4POZ bias board, & a
Harbach soft key board. Also directly grounding the grids and incorporating
a plate voltage relay and step start in the power supply. The relay will be
controlled by the on/off switch which will reduce the current load on the
switch.
I am eliminating the 120v bias and ALC voltage as well.

I had not planned to change the plate choke, but probably will now that I
have read your post. I also have been wondering how to beef up the cooling.
Your info on the blower/fan is most helpful. I may go in this direction.

Overall I should end up with about $800-900 dollars in the whole project.
So far it has been a fun project.