[Amps] When does an GG Amp draw current.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] When does an GG Amp draw current.
From: Paul Baldock <paul@paulbaldock.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 11:53:10 -0700
My 2 x 3-500Z amp starts to draw a few mA of grid current with about 1 watt applied. Bias is about 8V.

My home brew GS35B amp starts to draw a few mA of grid current with about 15 watts applied. Bias is about 40V.

Is my GS35B amp behaving as it should? When does an GG Amp start to draw grid current? Is it when the peak rf voltage applied to the cathode exceeds the bias voltage?

Thanks

- Paul  KW7Y

---