[Amps] Anybody remember... KW mobile amp installation

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Anybody remember... KW mobile amp installation
From: John Simmons <jasimmons@pinewooddata.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 16:01:05 -0500
I am searching for a copy of an article from (my memory says) the early 1960s. It was either in QST or CQ magazine, and depicted a station wagon with a KW tube amp. The amp was a console job, mounted on the folded down rear seat. A platform was attached to the rear of the car and a gas generator was on the platform to power the ham gear. There were some great pictures... and perhaps it just showed a couple of pictures without text.

I have searched back issues of QST on the ARRL website, but haven't had any luck.

73, John NI0K

---