[Amps] 3-500z gain vs k-g shorts

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] 3-500z gain vs k-g shorts
From: "Hugo W. Catta" <hugo@aa1xv.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 12:08:29 -0400
New to the list but I have read the archives for years.
The question: Is there a confirmed correlation between 3-500z(g)s
cathod-grid shorts and gain?
Since the gain is determined by the proximity between these elements, Is
that the reason why Amperex have reported more shorts than the others?
I have used only a handful of Eimacs "z" and just two RFP "zg" but noticed
slightly more grid current on the latter and for what I have read here and
in other reflectors, I haven't found about k-g shorts on these. They seem a
little harder to drive than Eimacs. So less gain, therefore a wider space
between k and g.

Thank you in advance,
Hugo - AA1XV