Re: [Amps] Fan control

To: <Gary@ka1j.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fan control
From: "Ian White" <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 21:38:54 +0100
eBay has a number of thermostatic controller boards for 12V
computer-type fans using a thermistor sensor and pulse width modulation
to vary the fan speed. Details vary, but typically the fan starts at low
speed when the sensor reaches about 30degC and ramps up to full speed at
75degC or above.

Search ebay.com for   PWM fan controller. Typical price is under $10
with free shipping from you-know-where.

The available designs vary as time goes by, and I've had good success
with two different boards over the past year. One of the boards is used
inside a transceiver covering 1.8-146MHz with no trace of RFI problems
from the pulsed 12V supply to the fan.

73 from Ian GM3SEK