Re: [Amps] MFJ-(AMERITRON) ROLLER INDUCTOR?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] MFJ-(AMERITRON) ROLLER INDUCTOR?
From: "Jeff AC0C" <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 18:42:05 -0500
Bob,

Been there, done it, wish I had not. A roller ends up giving you a lot of odd resonance points which can make you just crazy especially on the high bands. The Q of the roller is generally poor compared to a switched tank. And while it is working in my amp, I suffer in efficiency as well. It was a cool idea - especially given my massive square-cut roller should handle MW of power. The MFJ is going to have more losses as compared to this one.

Unless you absolutely must use a roller, your life will be simpler in the long run to use a switched tank.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie

-----Original Message----- From: nemo zilch