Re: [Amps] Buzzing transformer

To: Carol Richards <n2mm@comcast.net>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Buzzing transformer
From: David G4FTC <g4ftc@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 17:19:21 +0000
Hi Carol,

If the transformer is getting hot, and I mean so hot that it cannot be touched,
then it could be a shorted turn on one of the windings - bad news as it means
the transformer is effectively u/s.

If the transformer runs at its normal temperature, then it is probably just a
loose lamination - not usually a problem, just annoying.

David G4FTC