[Amps] illegal amps

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] illegal amps
From: Steve Wright <stevewrightnz@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 10:17:09 +1300
Well, they're everywhere now aren't they.

No one going to prison? No amps confiscated by customs? Any horror stories with a govt agency? An operator near me has run 6KW into a foursquare for 25 years, and ZL legal limit here for most of that time was a measly 100 watts!

Another operator near me made a youtube video of his kilowatt+ amp into a dummy load, and got the amp confiscated and crushed.

Some truly massive signals coming out of Italy, and lots of huge amp projects published online, but the legal limit there was 400 watts last time I checked.

It's plainly obvious now that operators everywhere are pushing the rules.

What's going to happen? Has it already happened? Will the govt agencies ignore it? Will they adjust the rules - new power limit 10KW?

Something is going to happen.  I think it'll be interesting.

Steve