Re: [Amps] Alpha 87A Alpha Max Upgrade

To: "'Paul Christensen'" <w9ac@arrl.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 87A Alpha Max Upgrade
From: "Jerry O. Stern" <jsternmd@att.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 22:03:41 -0400
They have used a few different but equivalent pin diodes.  I don't know if
this reflector allows attachments but I made one a few years back that
compares them attached.  Alpha was selling/recommending the UM2106D for some
time as a suitable replacement.  In my picture I also show the CR version
which is plentiful and inexpensive but the polarity is reversed and should
never be used though looks same.

73 Jerry
NY2KW

Verical (Arrow) has had them for some time,