[Amps] 3 Phase XFMR

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 3 Phase XFMR
From: "Mark - AA6DX" <eureka@suddenlink.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 09:58:09 -0700
Was the story on using a 3 Phase on single phase ... back in the 60s, a local
5000 watt AM daytimer had its xfmr burn out.  It was given to me, I was
figuring I could get a lot of wire out of it
as it had the three separate windings.  Come to find out, only one winding was
shorted.  After research and finding all kinds of ideas, I simply connected the
two good windings in series and
fed them with a 230 VAC “extension cord” from our dryer feed...worky worky!  I
put that big chunk of iron in the bottom of my 6’ rack for the  HB 4-1000 I was
building.  Ran it for years, and was still
running  FB when I parted with the amp because move across the USA.  Don’t know
where it abides now--HIHI.
73  Mark AA6DX  Eureka, CA