[Amps] I mistaken sent before done, scroll to the full msg.

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] I mistaken sent before done, scroll to the full msg.
From: Charles H <k4vud@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 12:24:50 +0000
Sorry for my sending mistakes.....

The choice a ham makes in getting and amplifier is as unique as the ham and
needs and tastes make differences.  Here is what I would say to any ham who
asked, "What amplifiers on the marked should I consider":

"2 KW"-- meaning above 1.5w usually:

-Ameritron AL-1500F...$3400 w. imported 7788, best tube for availability.  Buy
three for 3 bands and spend $10,200 and save Dishtronic money even then.  All
manual tune, old-school and a bargain.

-OM and ACOM, dont know nuttin.  Op should study.

-SPE Expert...$5046 FOB Rome, feature rich w. SWR+watt meter (mine will tune
3.9 down to abt 2.1 and go), six auto switched outputs, two inputs (with SO2R
that I dont understand, dont use) built in and real antenna tuner that you tune
once for band segments and not agn unless changing antennas (fast retune for
ants swinging in the wind).  Meter reads 2200w and auto cut back to about 800
on high heat CAD, continuous amateur duty like RTTY, reads temperature, fast
auto accept of AC line voltage changes,  hook to computer and never touch its
front panel.

-Dishtronix 2400L 1/A, $10850... using factory internet info only.  Appears a
new beast on the block, my subjective reactions.  Suggests that if ur SWR is
high, just turn it up to compensate for lost power (wow), no antenna tuner (I
need one, ant swings in wind, changes as rotated, etc.),