Re: [Amps] Idiosyncratic opinion on amp choices

To: Charles H <k4vud@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Idiosyncratic opinion on amp choices
From: BJ <fxb1982@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 04:22:16 +0000
>From a casual SSB op who owns/has owned the following:

High power:

Definitely the AL-1500.  Best lots of bang for the buck, easy to operate and
forgiving.

ALS-1300.  Troublesome at first but after the growing pains were taken care of
this amplifier worked as advertised.  I believe the 1306 is much like it +6.

Lower power:

Ameritron AL-80B.  Old school glass tube.  Best bang for the buck KW amp.  I
had one and shouldn't have sold it.  I still have its older brother the A
model.  Still running strong with a 1990 Eimac 3-500.  I'll keep it until no
longer economically viable.

Acom 600s.  No nonsense continuous all mode 600 watt amplifier.  So easy to use
it's boring.  Built like a Cadillac.  Looking forward to the Acom 1200s some
day.

Again, this is from a casual SBB operator's point of view.

Have owned a bunch of others that are no longer on the market today.

73, k0cwo