Re: [Amps] FCC Denies Expert Linears' Request for Waiver of 15 dBRule

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] FCC Denies Expert Linears' Request for Waiver of 15 dBRule
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 09:13:39 -0600
On all this legal stuff.

Ok a ready to use amp cant legally have more than 15 db of gain.

Now how far down broken down that is, does an amp have to be, to be seen as a "KIT"

From what I in the back of my mind remember that a "KIT" does not have to abide by that law?

Or am I thinking of something else?

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com
On 12/28/2016 9:04 AM, Peter Voelpel wrote:
A friend of mine, ex Telefunken design engineer, already built a class E amp
around 2x8 cheap SIHP10N40D transistors at less then 1 Euro each.
With 15W of drive output is 1200W.

Even without predistortion IMD3 is less then -30dB.

20 transistors will do your legal limit easily.

73
Peter, DJ7WW