Re: [Amps] FCC Denies Expert Linears' Request for Waiver of 15 dB Rule

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] FCC Denies Expert Linears' Request for Waiver of 15 dB Rule
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2016 06:55:25 -0600
<<Great post, Rob! Like many hams, especially older ones, I started
down the learning path before I started high school. 60 years later,
I'm still trying to learn new stuff, and to better understand the
stuff I thought I knew. :)>>

Thanks JIm--same here.

<<Another important part of ham radio is sharing our knowledge and
helping each other out. Older hams helped me learn about radio, helped
me learn CW, helped me with antennas, and even gave me my first rig (a
40M Command set). Now that I'm one of the older guys, I try to do my
part, passing it forward.>>

That's one area I need to improve on.

 <<The next morning, two guys were standing in my driveway, and they
had both driven an hour to get there!>>

That is an impressive example of esprit de corps.

73 happy new  year

Rob
K5UJ