Re: [Amps] FCC Denies Expert Linears' Request for Waiver of 15 dB Rule;

To: "Bill Turner" <dezrat@outlook.com>, "Amps group" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] FCC Denies Expert Linears' Request for Waiver of 15 dB Rule; Long off topic reply
From: "Mark Bitterlich" <markbitterlich@embarqmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2017 20:36:06 -0500
Bill. What do you feel the intent of the FCC was when they granted Amateur Radio Licenses to American Citizens? Of course a lesson in the history of ham radio might be in order here, because there has to have been a progression and to ignore that and to focus merely on the present is to ignore the wisdom of those that have come before us. I say this because clearly the views and opinions of everyone in the past do not align with what you are now espousing.

Let me emphasize the word "intent" again. Is the "intent" of the FCC (and the Government that they represent) to memorize questions to an exam, to not understand even the basics of Ohm's Law? That no matter how a test is passed, all must respect it no matter what? That this piece of paper is sacrosanct? Your comments appear to support that view.

Why are there different classes of the Amateur Radio License?

Based on what I see from what you have said, there really should not be. We all should be equal regardless of any "License Class" and we should respect everyone based on ... well, just based on the fact that we are all loving people, Kum Ba Yah. A California standard.

You are very good at telling others that their opinions are all wrong, that no one made them boss, and pretty much that anything goes once you get the ticket, no matter how you got the ticket, and well, etc., etc.

The interesting thing to me is that you say all of this broadcast to an extremely technical forum where there are folks we *ALL* are learning from.

Regardless of "more of the same" regarding your opinion to any of the above, what I have noticed time and time again is the loss of respect for the technical abilities of ham radio operators. Volunteering to provide "Emergency Communication" no longer cuts the mustard Bill.

Now-a-days, you are required to take Govt. sponsored courses to *prove* that you are have the necessary accreditation to volunteer. Think that fact through carefully, because it really is an eye-opener.

Let's get back to amplifiers. How about the idle current adjustment on the Alpha 9500 series? Has anyone posted the procedures for doing that using terminal software as yet? Nope. I hope they do, but why do you think they have not? My answer is simple. Because "they" do not think releasing that kind of "highly technical information" is something that should be trusted to present day amateur radio operators. Let me repeat: "Too scary to allow adjusting bias on an amplifier to the average ham operator in today's world".

This is what you get when you say: "The piece of paper makes us all equal, to each his own, I respect all hams equally".

Well Dude .... you've gotten your wish. We now have no real respect at all. But... we're all equal.

My apologies to the real mentors on this list. You know who you are, and so does everyone else. This is kind of a "political posting" and is not in the best interests of this list.

So regardless of Bill's replies, I will not comment further, and I am sorry if I have offended anyone... but honestly, I really doubt I have offended anyone I really had any respect for to begin with.

Mark Bitterlich
WA3JPY

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Turner" <dezrat@outlook.com>