Re: [Amps] home brew amp

To: Russ Williams <hrd998cc@yahoo.com>, Arnie Pfingst <arnie123@hotmail.com>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] home brew amp
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 07:42:52 +0000
  As a teenager I too built unshielded amplifiers.
I just wanted to get results and then do something else.
I got my general in 1962 or 63. don't recall.
 My first HB rig was a 6AG7,6L6 and pair of 6146Bs on CW. I then went to SSB
with a CE 10A which drove my
6146Bs, and later I made a amp with a pair of 813's and then went to a pair of
grounded grid 250th tubes.
The HB transmitter was shielded but the amps were not.
73
Bill wa4lav