[Amps] Advanced Radio Devices ARD amplifiers and control heads available

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Advanced Radio Devices ARD amplifiers and control heads available, spare 3CX800A7's.
From: Dan Dolan <drd@lobo.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 23:14:09 -0700
I purchased a lot of eight ARD-230 amplifiers including one ARD-230C and seven specially constructed ones that work on four specific frequencies which were used in the 1950s to communicate with high reliability in even poor band conditions to special trucks carrying ‘special weapons’ across the USA.The base station as at Sandia national Laboratory and several other location (I believe Pantex and perhaps another laboratory.I shipped 5 or 6 of the Amps to hams in Denmark about 7-8 years ago by air.Each of the amps had three 3CX800A7 tubes in them.Note, the amps were wrapped with plink shrink wrap and the power plugs were also shrink wrapped with the pink plastic.They has obviously never been used.I have two more amp/power supply decks with two or three control heads to part with and get into the hands of hams.I may also have on extra Peter Dahl power transformer for those amps.I am keeping the ARD-230C amp that has three tubes in it.I also have two or three rack panels that have been specially cut to fit the control head for the amps.They are like new in a royal blue color with handles on the side like a normal piece of rack-mount equipment might.I may also have some spare 3CX800A7s that have never been in installed or used…..no boxes but came with the amplifiers.Photos available……call if interested in ay of this gear.I have two TMC-PAL-1K amps that I use and have no reasonable use for the ARDs!Danfyv-o-5 tew-69-tew-oh-56