Re: [Amps] Alpha 76 160 meter 2nd harmonic

To: "Bill Turner" <dezrat@outlook.com>, "Amps group" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 76 160 meter 2nd harmonic
From: "Jeff AC0C" <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 13:17:41 -0600
It can happen with that amp - been there, done that.

I have an Alpha 76pa. And a couple of OO notices, plus a couple more from ops who sent me email with somewhat more detail. What I traced it down to is running the amp out of optimal tune on 160 (which is really easy to do as the antennas tend to be so narrow banded). The suggestions for a notch on 80m are good.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie

-----Original Message----- From: Bill Turner