[Amps] Alpha 87A/89 PIN Diodes - UM4006D

To: "'Amps Amps'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 87A/89 PIN Diodes - UM4006D
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 10:51:52 -0500
Jerry, NY2KW, posted the message below to the Alpha 87A list on Yahoo:

> "I just found out that Verical (division of Arrow Eletronics) is selling
the Microsemi brand of the UM4006D for only $30 each.   When I last bought a
pair they were almost twice that price and they had thousands in stock, now
they have only ~ 240 left.  If you ever wanted to stock up now is the time
before they run out.  I called Microsemi a few years back and they were not
sure if they would manufacture more. Verical has a minimum order of three so
you may want to partner up if you needs only 1 or 2."

That's a great find for only $30 ea. in the "D" case style - and from a
reputable semiconductor supplier.  I just ordered a half-dozen.  Shipping
was only $4.00 USPS first class rate.  These are the correct OEM PIN diodes
for the Alpha 87A and 89 amplifiers.

Paul, W9AC