Re: [Amps] Off topic - help with eHam.net

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Off topic - help with eHam.net
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 15:32:22 +0800
Agreed.

Here, downunder, in Australia, we find that we buy heaps of stuff from overseas and it is so sad that most US based people find it so difficult to post something to an overseas destination. I have missed out on so many good deals because of it.

I never use one of the private carriers. Simply because they are totally unaffordable. USPS is the way I like it. I never care how long it takes to get here. The main thing for me is that I can afford it.

As you say, the sender just needs to fill in a sticker on the package stating contents and value. We, at the receiving end are well versed in dealing with import taxes and such, which have no bearing on the sender.

It is no more difficult to send overseas than it is to post to the next suburb.

Payment through Paypal is a breeze these days and I'm still happy to use WU.

I scour qth.com classifieds every single day. It is my most visited website. I've done countless deals and made many good friends in the US in the process.

73 and thanks,
Alek. VK6APK