[Amps] 1/4" Panel bushing and insulated Couplers Needed

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 1/4" Panel bushing and insulated Couplers Needed
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 20:45:09 -0700
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 10:04:45 +0800
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>

I get all my 1/4" panel bushings from old potentiometers. I also had an
idea, that KM1H sold them.

Some of the CNC shaft couplers on Ebay, are insulated but I don't know
what sort of voltage or frequency the insulation is rated to. I just use
the all metal ones and a piece of 1/4" plastic, phemolic or fibreglass
shaft.

73, Alek
VK6APK

###  .25 inch solid Delrin rod works good.   As does .25 inch solid
fiberglass. Where .25 inch solid delrin doesnt work is when trying to use it
on heavy torque items like vac variable caps, it will want to do a partial twist
as shown on the turns counter.   Delrin works good on air variables  etc.
You can also use bigger diam solid delin like .375  and then machine down the
ends  to .25 inch.  Then it wont twist on you.

Jim  VE7RF