Re: [Amps] KAPUT 8877'S -DISPOSAL

To: "noll amidzich" <namidzich@wi.rr.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] KAPUT 8877'S -DISPOSAL
From: <fortra@siol.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 16:13:54 +0100
Noll,

in our club we used to have Alpha 77D.
I remember back in 80's that 8877 stopped working
all of a sudden. Tube has been on the shelf for year or so,
then we check the dc continuity of heaters and find out occasional
short-contact through DMM.

We then used Welding effect by applying DC from hefty power supply.
That brought the lamp to life.

It runs flaweslly for a year or so...then guys converted it to 77SX with
2 pieces of 3CPX1500A7

Then. they invented OM power :)

Kr nermin S58DX

-----Izvorno sporočilo----- From: noll amidzich