Re: [Amps] 3 phase power supply?

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3 phase power supply?
From: Ron Youvan <ka4inm@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2017 21:56:06 -0400
  Steve NR4M Bookout wrote:

/* snip */
But, another thing to consider.  I was looking a the schematic and saw
where some of the smaller transformers were fed from one phase, while
the HV was fed by two phases.  Again, from what I read, the voltages of
the 3 phases created from a rotary converter, vary according to the
load.  My concern is with the filament supply.  If it's off one leg, and
I was to vary the 240 input to get exactly what I need for the filament,
what happens when I start drawing power and that leg now changes by 10
%, or so.

Other choice is to just build a new 240 volt single phase supply for all
the required voltages.  It's just that the 3 phase supply is part of a
really clean 'system' and it would be nice to keep it original, if
possible.  This seems like it would be the most stable and reliable.

Thoughts?

It looks like it is not actually a three phase device and it most probably can be run on `210 Volta (or so) possibly with the aid of a
buck boost transformer or two.
I would look into the current consumption of the smaller transformers to see if they can be paired up to run in series.
I would also look for primary taps on the smaller transformers, if so
perhaps pairs could be run on 240 Volts.  My thoughts.
--
  Ron  KA4INM - Youvan's corollary:
                Every action results in unwanted side effects.