[Amps] rich Richard - tiny antenna

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] rich Richard - tiny antenna
From: Steve Wright <stevewrightnz@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 15:24:51 +1200
On 10/04/17 14:20,  Catherine James <catherine.james@att.net> wrote:
> Instead, you need an expensive auto-tuner and protection circuitry, whereas a
> tube radio is fine with a manual transmatch.  I use an ATR-30, which will
> tune just about anything.

What is the fixation on this list with antenna tuners?  You lot are
starting to sound like a bunch of rich appliance operators!  Almost
every thread has reference to a verrry expensive antenna tuner!

Surely most multi-band yagi's, 1/4y verticals, plain ol' dipoles, and
any other competitive HF antenna that you would WANT to poke some
horsepower into is gonna have <1.5:1 SWR?  Maybe you alligators want to
tune up your half size g5rv on 160M or similar?

It's almost as baffling as the fixation with IMD..  Isn't the goal to
get on the air, work some DX and bend some jealous locals' S-meters?

And yet, a ACTUAL constructor asks a question about a GS-35b 2M amp and
doesn't ANY comment whatsoever!

Cmon people..  Make a resonant antenna already!