[Amps] New Amplifier

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] New Amplifier
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 07:16:30 -0700
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 05:51:13 +0000
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
To: Amps group <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] New Amplifier

On Sun, 9 Apr 2017 20:04:23 -0700, Jim wrote:

>#  What the power genius  will do is  swap between any 2 bands real fast, as
>shown in their video.
>Where they jump back and forth  between 40 + 20m, using just  one xcvr and one
>amp.   You cant
>jump back and forth that fast on say a Alpha 9500.

REPLY:

Sure you can.

I don't know the exact time the 9500 needs to change bands and retune,
but it's about the blink of an eye. Of course that is hard on the
moving parts and I wouldn't like to operate one that way, but it could
be done.

73, Bill W6WRT

##  That would be extremely  hard on parts, esp a motor driven multi wafer
bandswitch, if
joe contester spent the entire weekend running SO2R.

The sub rx on my FT-1000 D is muted when on TX, ditto with the
sub rx on my mk-V.  The sub rx on the mk-v has to be on the same band
as the main vfo.

##  That flex 6700 xcvr   + power genius is the eq of multiple xcvrs and amps,
plus it has 6m.  As long as the band switching relays  for the diplexers held
up,
it should be ok.

Jim  VE7RF