Re: [Amps] Real time tests to see if an RF transformer is saturating?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Real time tests to see if an RF transformer is saturating?
From: Roger D Johnson <n1rj@roadrunner.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 11:43:20 -0400
If you can find it, you're better off using Litz wire.

73, Roger

On 5/16/2017 8:52 AM, Chris Wilson wrote:

Hello Manfred and Alan,

I stacked 3 off 78 material cores in the same size as the 77 material
toroids and wound them with 180 strand speaker wire with a conductor
diameter of about 2mm. I used 15T primary and 21T secondary. It now
runs about 40 degrees Celcius with no fan! The drain waveforms are not
as spiky now either, so many thanks for the excellent advice :) I am
toying with buying the much bigger core that I linked to earlier as
there is an error on Fair-Rite's site, and the new 98 material is not
available in toroidal form at all. Worthwhile or over kill and a waste
of money? Thanks again!!

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/ferrite-rings/4956317/