Re: [Amps] Real time tests to see if an RF transformer is saturating?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Real time tests to see if an RF transformer is saturating?
From: Manfred Mornhinweg <manfred@ludens.cl>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 01:32:57 +0000
Hi Chris,

well, I'm glad that the transformer project was successful.

I  believe  I  am  being  a bit thick and probably not
understanding  how you intended the wires to appear off the bobbin. If
I  follow your instruction verbatim, as I believe they are intended, I
would end up not being able to have full turns on the 20 turn winding,
as  bringing  them  out on opposing sides would add(or subtract a half
turn from one of them.

Indeed you misunderstoff what I meant. What I meant was winding only full turns, never half turns, and by "bringing out the wire on opposing sides", the "sides" I meant are the side walls of the bobbin. So, if you place the bobbin on the desk in front of jyou such that it can roll away or toward you, left and right are the two sides I mean. NOT with the bobbin lying flat on its side!

It's the orientation from which you look at a bobbin while winding it in a machine.

So the two wires of a winding always come out through the same core opening.

Manfred