Re: [Amps] Ten-Tec Titan 10 Meter Input SWR

To: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ten-Tec Titan 10 Meter Input SWR
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.qozzy.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 15:27:32 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
To: <amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 1:10 PM
Subject: [Amps] Ten-Tec Titan 10 Meter Input SWR

Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 00:38:47 -0400
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
To: amps@contesting.com

<I really appreciated the Amp Supply tuned
input I put in the 4-1000A amp I made back
in the 90's. It was pure simplicity and
worked so well. I put one in a SB-220 as
well with the same wonderful results.

73,

Gary
KA1J

##  I believe the amp supply tuned input board used arco compression
caps for both C1 + C2..and a fixed torroid for the coil. The arco compression caps were padded on 160m. I think the biggest arco I have is aprx 1600 pf. They ranged from 200 pf up to aprx 1600 pf. Arcos have a limited min-max range, which is still ample for any tuned input. Typ would be like 200-500 pf etc.

## It was ideal for folks with HB amps, and anything else. Just tweak both caps
for flat swr, then repeat for each band.

Jim   VE7RF

** On the higher bands there was plenty of room to tweak the coil spacing which helped to balance 15/17 and 10/12 VSWR along with the variable caps.

Carl

---
http://www.avg.com