Re: [Amps] issue with AL-1200 output

To: steve@nr4m.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] issue with AL-1200 output
From: Gerald Williamson via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 06:09:22 -0400
Steve, this sounds like an output padder C that has lost ESR and heats up
with power applied. Heat will cause the capacitance to change. Many
amplifiers  use large value capacitors which are known to develop this problem
over
time. If this is the problem, lowering the power output will take longer to
see  the power drop.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 6/22/2017 4:05:27 P.M. Central Daylight Time,