[Amps] SB220 step start blows fuses

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] SB220 step start blows fuses
From: Warren Volz <warren@warrenvolz.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 23:54:00 -0600
All,

I’ve been restoring a SB220 and finally got to the testing stage this weekend.
When I turned it on, the HV went up to ~1kV and then started to drop.
Successive cycles of the power switch did nothing. Oddly, the meter lights and
fan never started running. I looked at the bottom of the amp tonight and the 3A
fuses I added to the W7RY step start board blew. What areas should I look at
now to determine what is going wrong? I have both tubes in, and I believe I
previously checked them for filament shorts. I’m worried the HV supply has an
issue.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

-Warren
KD5YPH