[Amps] Fwd: Henry 1KD5 Reanimation

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Fwd: Henry 1KD5 Reanimation
From: gudguyham--- via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2017 16:58:13 -0400

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

-----Original Message-----
From: gudguyham <gudguyham@aol.com>
To: k9mk <k9mk@flash.net>
Sent: Sun, Aug 20, 2017 04:57 PM
Subject: Re: [Amps] Henry 1KD5 Reanimation

caps that set the plate tune for each band and then the plate tune is finely
adjusted with the variable inductor and the load adjusted as usual.  So you
will have some degree of capacitance on each band unlike not having additional
Some models of Henry amps had ganged air variable capacitors for loading so
that extra lumped capacitance was not needed.  Not sure off hand if that 1kd5
had the dual gang load caps.

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail