Re: [Amps] ratings for caps for filters, for SSPA

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] ratings for caps for filters, for SSPA
From: Manfred Mornhinweg <manfred@ludens.cl>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 18:52:29 +0000
Hi John,

Another source of high Q low ESR ceramic RF power chip capacitors besides American Technical Ceramics:

http://www.passiveplus.com/index.php

I haven't priced them, though, they look expensive but very strong..

Digikey also offers those capacitors, but most are non-stock items with long delivery times and large minimum order quantities.

Digikey does give prices. Capacitors of that kind, suitable for legal limit lowpass filters, cost roughly $20 to $30 each. So for a set of six elliptic filters (30 capacitors) we would be looking at roughly $800 plus shipping plus taxes, if we find a place that sells them in small quantities without charging extra. Shudder.

Long live homebrewing!

Manfred