Re: [Amps] Status of Alpha Amps?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Status of Alpha Amps?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 17:50:33 -0700
Hi Joe,

Most of what I know came from the Ten Tec website, which, I think, is owned by the current Alpha owner, Mike Dishop.  Here's their website.

http://www.alpharfsystems.com/

As I understand it, they have been building 9500s and 8406s in CO, and at least one of their key employees (Glen, down remember his call) is working there.  They are repairing Alpha products there, and Ten Tec in OH.  Array Solutions is also repairing Alpha amps.

They're operating on a shoestring, with no telephone contact, only email.  AFAIK, they're not currently building Ten Tec ham gear, but are producing commercial products, which pays the bills for the rest of their operations.

I recently bought a pair of 87As from a local friend. Both are working fine.  I almost bought an 89 before the second 87A became available, but it came with a problem, so I passed on it. The owner found a good repair for it (don't think I heard who).

73, Jim K9YC