Re: [Amps] Bird Slug Modification?

To: <amps@contesting.com>, "Paul Baldock" <paul@paulbaldock.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Bird Slug Modification?
From: "Jim W7RY" <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 12:29:33 -0500
Lots of stuff on the Repeater Builder site about Bird Slugs. Just search for Repeater builder bird slugs.

73
Jim W7RY

-----Original Message----- From: Paul Baldock
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 7:49 PM
To: amps@contesting.com

After receiving some good tips about the coupling of a 5W slug being
too tight to convert to a 1KW slug with just a resistor change, I've
decided to move the pickup further from the transmission line. After
a little experimenting this seems to work. I only need it to be
accurate on 50MHz, so if I screw up the bandwdith it will not really matter.

- Paul