Re: [Amps] Thunderbolt

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Thunderbolt
From: Merv Schweigert via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 07:22:27 -1000
Radio and amplifier names were exciting back then, Loudenboomer, that was a good one also. Ranger, adventurer, scout, all of them brought up images of adventure and far rare DX.

My first radio was an Ocean Hopper, perhaps a little more name than performance, but it did hop some oceans for me, heard as well as my home brew 6L6 would put RF into a far receiver.
Fairly matched pair.

Dern must be getting old and senile, remember the 1960 better than what I ate yesterday.

73 Merv K9FD

Thunderbolt....... ain't that just a Cool name for an Amp ?

As a novice in the 60's, looking through the catalogs, the Thunderbolts, Vikings and Thor ads by EFJ ...... you just KNEW that if you had one, you would be king of the pileup.

Don W4DNR

Quoting Bob Sullivan <robert@isquare.com>:

Looking for a Johnson Thunderbolt.

Anyone?