Re: [Amps] Amplifier for 630 meter band

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amplifier for 630 meter band
From: Steve Wright <stevewrightnz@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 07:58:03 +1300
On 10/11/17 07:01, Catherine James wrote:
[...]  I have no sheet-metal-working experience and I'm not interested in
putting in the time and effort to learn that skill.

If you get someone to guillotine off the aluminum panels for you, it's easy to just pop-rivet them to some angle section - tada! One nice box!  No bending or cutting.

All you need is an electric drill, a file, some vice-grips to hold things, and you are kinda done.  It's really easy and fun, and with a little buff from a cloth with some polish and you'll be amazed at what you made..

Having said that, and having begun on a 4-400 630m amp - which does end up being a large and complicated project, I think I'd do a little MOSFET amp.

Steve