[Amps] Alpha 86- Search for a different version of Control Board schemat

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 86- Search for a different version of Control Board schematics
From: LB2HG <lb2hg@mimer.no>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 19:34:46 +0100
A while ago I stumbled across an Alpha 86 where two previous owners had given up repairing the T/R board with the PIN diode problem.

I got the nice looking 86 including the dismantled parts from the T/R board,  at a very attractive price and concluded that even if I did not manage to fix it, the 86 would still be a nice piece of equipment to put on the shelf.

After just recently having had time with the good help of a friend to modify the 86 T/R board to use vacuum relays and being very happy when testing the amp and its performance, full output all bands and no strange behavior, I discover that the audio on rx when in operate and going on the air is heavily attenuated.

Trying to locate the problem I find that the Control board schematics does not at all look similar to the actual layout on my board. The Control board schematic (Figure 10 sheet 2 of 3)  in my manual does not match the actual board layout. The manual copy I have can be found here:

(http://www.alpharfsystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Alpha_86_Operating_and_Technical_Manual.pdf

Now my hope is that there is an Amper out there that may have a different version of the schematics that may correspond with the layout of my version of the board. If so, maybe I can receive a copy ?

73
Harald, LB2HG ex LA6LHA
US callsign AA4NX

Visit my region: http://www.visitalesund-geiranger.com/en/