Re: [Amps] Negative feedback passive input tetrode

To: RCM <robrk@nidhog.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Negative feedback passive input tetrode
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 20:32:11 +0000
   The 30S1 is biased cathode driven 4cx1000a.  The negative feedback is to the
control grid and is a voltage divider between plate and control grid. The 30L1
was neutralized so that it would work properly on 10 meters.

It used an air core transformer and variable capacitor between input an and
plate. Have to look at the schematic, but the parallel 811A tubes did not work
well at higher frequencies.

   Being that I a looking at grid driven it is a bit of a different story.
Neutralization of a grid driven amplifier prevents tuned-grid tuned-plate
oscillation.

    Yes, the cathode resistor is the easiest method indeed.

73

Bill wa4lav