[Amps] NXP 65V LDMOS 1K80H-1800W

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] NXP 65V LDMOS 1K80H-1800W
From: M Gerber <wh7w.us@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2017 06:50:38 -1000
I am sure there are those of you anxiously awaiting your KPA1500 or
Flex/4O3A Power Genius XL. It appears the RF Kit B26-RF2K5 from Germany is
gaining popularity and even Palstar has a new SSPA offering, the LA-1K.

These 65V LDMOS transistors have been out for a little while and can
already be had from stock at Mouser for $277/ea.

https://www.nxp.com/products/rf/rf-power-transistors/rf-broadcast-and-ism/1-600-mhz-broadcast-and-ism/1800-w-cw-over-1.8-400-mhz-65-v-wideband-rf-power-ldmos-transistor:MRFX1K80H

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/NXP/MRFX1K80HR5/?qs=BZBei1rCqCBcq3ESZPU7bw%3d%3d

I suspect only a matter of time before someone has an offering using 1 or 2
of these devices.

I have used a HP ESP120 50V 57.5A retired server power supply to power my
W6PQL SSPA. Biggest issue I see for home builder is getting a 65V ~50A
power supply. A new TDK-Lambda adjustable 80V 65A power supply would be
perfect but set you back a small fortune.

73/Happy Holidays

Mark WH7W