Re: [Amps] titan 425 dimming, drop in power, hv

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] titan 425 dimming, drop in power, hv
From: mike george via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2018 10:12:03 +0000 (UTC)
thanks to all who responded to my post on 12-11-17 on this amp problem. i tried
to follow every suggestion from all who responded till i got to the filter
lytics. was not sure so went ahead and dropped too much $$ on a re-cap kit on
ebay. sadly the problem remains. i thought at first i caught a slight smell
when the problem occured but dismissed it as the wood stove fumes from next
room. this time with new caps installed i ran it a little longer and tried to
touch up the tuning. yup, the smell was stronger and i stuck my head under the
table to see smoke. i could not kill power, remove the cover and look for the
source in time to see it. after voltage safty check felt for hot part but found
none. i dont think a rf deck problem is the cause, but not real sure how to
proceed finding this. any further ideas will be greatly appreciated. 73 mike
Kilowatt Six
No High Voltage. how could i know a vanity call sign could come true.....