[Amps] Drake L-7

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Drake L-7
From: Max Cotton <M0GHQ@outlook.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 20:01:30 +0000
I have a Drake L7 with a Dahl higher voltage transformer inside the psu, now
the 50k resistors get pretty hot and need to be swapped out, I calculate they
should be approx 75k each giving 30W dissipation and the AGC resistor under the
psu to 6k8 10w, however the AGC voltage will vary around 78 to 108V depending
on CW or SSB settings, the manual states 120V but even with the original
transformer they don't attain 120V. Anyone done this before to an L7 or L4?
There is approximately a 10% increase in HT voltage.

73 Max M0GHQ