[Amps] LK-550ZC fair price, tube testing

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] LK-550ZC fair price, tube testing
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m73@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 16:27:03 -0400
I have an Amp Supply LK-550ZC 1500W QSK amp that worked fine when I last I
checked it maybe 10 years ago. I'm planning on offering it to local and
regional club members, then to a hamfest if it doesn't sell. Wondering what
a fair resale price would be for this amp. Can't find any prices online.

More details: Actually, it's an Amp International, which was the new name of
the company just before it went under. That means the amp was one of the
latest models Denny produced. I did a lot of work on it about 18 years ago -
replaced all three tubes, replaced the plate choke with a higher-quality
model, replaced the parasitic suppressors, fixed a broken 40m cap in the
output network, replaced the meter covers, replaced/calibrated the meter
calibration resistors, replaced a knob, added a glitch resistor and modified
the fans to reduce noise (higher speed in low mode so high speed doesn't
come on as often, plus optional reduced speed in high mode.) Will include
two spare 3-500Z tubes that were OK as recently as 10 years ago, and another
one or two of 3-500Zs of unknown condition. I'll setup the amp and verify
that it works before closing any sale.

Fair price?

(The tubes being so old, I'm concerned that they could be gassy. I don't
have a hi-pot tester. Any suggestions to prevent damage when testing?
Hopefully the glitch resistor will protect the amp. I do have a Variac that
I think can handle the load, but don't know the procedure for using it to
safely test the tubes.)

73, Dick WC1M