Re: [Amps] Titan II bandswitch needed

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Titan II bandswitch needed
From: jtml@losalamos.com
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 12:21:41 -0600
I looked at my Titan II, and thats an interesting bandswitch (IMHO). Did RF/HV cause failure or just mechanical fell apart?
One view of the switch can be seen at:
http://hamradiomarket.com/articles/Ten%20Tec%20Titan%20II%20Images/115.jpg

I like the Titan 416 model II since it has a lot of space and can be modified easily. I don't like it because it used the obsolete 4CX1600A and it had little protection of the screen PS from an internal tube fault (anode to screen spark). Mine is going to use a 4CX1500A as soon as I retire and have time to make the change. All the parts are ready.

I checked an Electroswitch and Centralab ceramic switch that I have and it wasn't there. I have one more place to look as I came across some switches at a hamfest or somewhere a year or so ago.

73
John
K5PRO