Re: [Amps] Revival advice

To: Matt <maflukey@gmail.com>, Amps group <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Revival advice
From: Jim Garland <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2018 09:40:30 -0600
That's a nice old amp, Matt. I wouldn't worry about the tubes. The Svetlana tubes are well-built and should power right up. That said, it's probably not a bad idea to cook them with filament and HV,( but no drive) for a few hours before applying RF. That should also drive out any residual moisture from the plate transformer.

SInce you've replaced the caps already, the only routine maintenance is to lubricate the fan bearings, clean the bandswitch and relay contacts, and veryify that the line cord is in good shape.

As I recall, the amp doesn't have a tuned input, so I hope you're driving it with a vacuum tube exciter that won't worry about the input VSWR.

73,

Jim W8ZR