[Amps] water purity/conductivity in water cooled, tube, > amplifiers

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] water purity/conductivity in water cooled, tube, > amplifiers
From: Randy <randy@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 23:33:57 -0400
On 4/23/2018 9:28 AM, amps-request@contesting.com wrote:

I know that really pure water is actually corrosive and will do it's
best to gain ions in order to get to some natural level of
minerals/contaminants.??? I built the coolers out of several pieces of
brass and hard silver brazed it all together.? I know the electrical
current will cause an etching or eroding effect of the materials in the
cooler, but I used what I had.?? At this point, I have no idea how often
I will changing? out the water.? Could be after only 10 hours of use, or
it may be 100 hours and the cooler may rot out in no time.

Just wondering out loud... I'd bet some cars have either all-plastic radiators, or, maybe plastic heater cores for the A/C. Maybe that would remove the issues of metal ions from the heat-exchanger. Undoubtedly less efficient at removing heat from the water than metal, but size cures a lot of ills.

Randy
KZ4RV