[Amps] Alpha 77 multimeter values

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 77 multimeter values
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 09:23:20 -0700
Date: Sun, 6 May 2018 15:52:19 +0700
From: Martin Sole <hs0zed@gmail.com>
To: amps@contesting.com

<Hi,

<Anyone have the scoop on the 1mA meter movement used in the Alpha 77.
<Just want to understand the internal resistance, without having to pull
<mine apart, again!

<There has been some suggestion that its likely around a couple of
<hundred ohms though I suspect it should be more like 1200 ohms. My 77
<manual(s) all show a 1k multiplier measure the volts dropped across a
<4.7 ohm resistor. At 500mA full scale that's around 2.35v which with a
<1mA movement needs a total of er, 2.35k. So whats the skivvy on this then?

<Martin, HS0ZED

##  Most  1 ma  meters  are typ  50 ohms if I recall  correctly.
Measure it with a fluke 87-A.      I have a  1 ma installed in one of my
new hb amps.  I can easily measure it..just out of interest.
I use it to measure  0-10 kvdc.

Jim  VE7RF