Re: [Amps] 8877 amp- to ground fil ct or not?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 8877 amp- to ground fil ct or not?
From: Steve <g8gsq72@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 14:30:42 +0100
There's no actual need for a CT on the heater transformer winding on an indirectly heated tube.

If you connect the cathode to one side of the heater, you certainly don't want to ground the CT on the heater winding.

Steve

I agree with Bill. There’s no problem grounding the CT of the filament
xfmr (and bypassing the fil leads at the tube socket), but I prefer
keeping the cathode isolated,  and dedicated to the B-  return. You
don’t want to ground the cathode, except to monitor grid current.
73,
Jim

Sent from my iPhone