[Amps] ACOM 600S + A 1200S

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] ACOM 600S + A 1200S
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 09:17:15 -0700
Looking at the details on their site, it appears neither of these 2 x SS amps
has  QSK..which sucks, esp considering the price tag.  Im thinking resale value
here.
Neither has a built in automatic tuner...that  sucks too. It appears the amp
will kick itself offline..into stand by / bypass mode when swr is 1.5:1  or
higher.
I dont see any  ALC jack on the rear apron on either amp.
Both these amps take minimal drive.  It looks like any excess drive  or power
spikes will cause the amp to kick itself offline.   With no ALC jack on the
back of either amp,
there appears to be no way to throttle back the xcvr driving it...which may
well make adjusting xcvr power output levels a little tricky..and then some.
I dont see any SMA  connector on the rear apron of either unit either.... so if
 pure signal,  aka  pre-distortion scheme was used.. like with an ANAN-7000, or
8000,
the mating coupler would have to be external to the  above amps.
Listed IMD is only 30 db below pep... aka  24 db  below one tone of a 2 tone
test..which IMO, is abysmal.   Has anybody tried running either of the above
amps
at reduced power output, and noticed improved  IMD ?    Like running them at
three quarter   or  even half power etc.

However  both SS amps  appear to be capable of operating at rated power in any
mode, including 100% duty cycle modes like FM, data  etc.

Does anybody have any experience with either of these SS amps ???

I dont operate  QSK, and ants are resonant for the most part, but  a  1.5:1
swr kick out threshold is  a little flaky.
I can work around the low drive requirements.   How noisy are the fans ?

Tnx.... Jim   VE7RF