Re: [Amps] Alpha 87a No RS-232

To: "'Gerry Hull'" <gerry@w1ve.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 87a No RS-232
From: "Mark Bitterlich" <markbitterlich@embarqmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2018 17:51:41 -0400
Glad to hear you’ve got it figured out.

Best of luck.

Mark

Wa3jpy

From: Gerry Hull [mailto:gerry@w1ve.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2018 5:25 PM
To: Mark Bitterlich; amps@contesting.com

Thanks, Mark.  This is not my first rodeo.  I use the RealTerm suite to
monitor, analyze and monitor RS232.

As I  said in an earlier post, I use Digiport Terminal servers (Rs-232 over IP)
to eliminate many of the PC isssues.

It’s too bad Alpha had not socketed these ICs from the start.  However, if you
measured the QSO-to-Repair ratio on the 87as, I think you would be looking at
300,000 to 1 or more.  So not much to complain about!

73,

Gerry W1VE

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 5:17 PM Mark Bitterlich <markbitterlich@embarqmail.com>